Some Exercises For Your Eyes
Everyone around us seems so keen on keeping their bodies fit, and do a lot of stuff to keep the body in shape, like going to the gym, jogging, and swimming. However, we forget the most important part - our eyes, when it is all the more important to take care of these precious gifts that enable us to see the beautiful world around us.
Exercising your eyes is a very important part of your eye care regime to keep them looking healthy, bright, and minimize eyestrain.
Here are a few easy eye exercises to keep your eyes healthy and improve your vision.
- Get yourself seated comfortably on a chair. Now rub your palms together until they become warm. Close your eyes by covering them completely with your cupped palms. Note, you should cover your eyes lightly and do not apply too much pressure on them. You should be careful that no light should enter your eyes through the gaps of your fingers. However, you will feel some traces of colors. You should imagine that there is complete darkness in front of you and you should focus on that. Breathe deeply and slowly, and think about some happy incident of the past. You can also visualize a distant scene in front of you while keeping the eyes closed. After there is complete darkness in front of you, remove the palms slowly from the eyes. Do this exercise of palming for 3 minutes or more.
- Another simple exercise for you! Close your eyes for 3-5 seconds and again open them for 3-5 seconds. Do this exercise continuously 7 or 8 times.
Now, there are some wonderful and handy remedies for stressed eyes and face.
- Hot and Cold Compresses work nicely to relax your eyes and it is very easy to make the arrangements too! Firstly, soak a towel in hot water and another other one in cold water. Now, put the warm one on your face and press on your eyebrows, closed eyelids, and cheeks. Next, do it with the cold towel. Repeat the compresses several times alternating between the two towels. End with the cold one always.
- Give your face a warm towel compress once in awhile rubbing the neck, forehead and cheeks with the towel but avoiding the eyes. However, with your fingertips, massage your forehead and closed eyes gently. With three fingers of each hand, press your upper lids for 3-5 seconds. Repeat about 5 times.
- Close your eyes first. Now with your fingers, massage them with circular movements for a minute lightly. Open your eyes slowly, and feel the difference.
- This is a wonderful exercise for your vision. Roll your eyes first in the clockwise, and then in the counter-clockwise direction. Repeat about 5 times. Do not forget to blink in between.
- Focusing on a distant object (over 150 feet or 50 m away) for 10-15 seconds is a good exercise for the eyes. Slowly move your focus on a nearby object (less than 30 feet or 10 m away). Do not move your head, but shift only your focus in the process. Repeat about 5 times.
- Sit about 6 inches from a window. With a small red or black sticker, make a mark on the glass at the eye-level. Focus on this mark for a few seconds, and then move your focus to a distant object. Again, adjust your focus to the mark. Repeat the exercise 3 to 5 times.
- Look at the wall in front of you. With your eyes, pretend to yourself that you are writing on the wall. Well, it will seem difficult at first, but with a little practice, this is going to be real fun. Remember, the bigger the letters are, the effect is better for your eyes.
- Pretend as if you are standing in front of a large clock. Focus at the middle of the clock first. Now, without moving your head even a bit, move the focus of your eyes on the hour mark, refocus on the center, and again look at another hour mark. Repeat the exercise at least 12 times.
- Start from up to down, and then, move your eyes making up and down eye movements. Also repeat the exercise for side to side eye movement, starting from left to right. Repeat each process about 8 times. However, take care that you are not forcing your eyes further than they want to go in any particular direction, as, this may turn out to be worse for your vision.
- No matter for how long or which eye exercise you have been doing, always finish up either with palming or another eye relaxation technique.